WE’RE LOOKING FOR A HORTICULTURE DESIGN & ESTIMATOR
Job Role: Horticulture Design & Estimator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,476.00-£25,000.00 per year
Horticulture Design & Estimator required to join our growing team to bring designer’s visions to life.
Established in 1977, Vantage Spaces Global Limited specialise in the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of high-end biophilic design across a wide range of corporate sectors in the UK, working with the UK’s leading fit-out companies and designers supplying global brands.
Due to continued increases in the level and size of project enquiries received, we are looking for a Horticulture Design & Estimator to join our team to work alongside the Sales Director to accurately estimate and compose quotes for our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for anybody seeking to process their career with further development and training available.
- Have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel.
- Strong ability to read drawings, break down large enquiry packs and extract all information relevant to our trade.
- Attend client meetings and site visits as and when required for the best possible understanding of projects.
- Open, honest two-way communication with the team and the client, with good rapport.
- The ability to work on several projects simultaneously, manage own time effectively, meet regular tight deadlines, and juggle workload and priorities accordingly.
- Good knowledge of supply chain relevant to our sector to ensure accuracy when pricing complex projects with multiple finishes from various specialists.
- An understanding of the bespoke design, manufacture, and installation process and, in turn, the ability to quantify labour hours required for each of these departments from drawings and specifications provided.
- A well-rounded understanding of project and product costs within this sector.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to play a key part in a dynamic and driven company.
- Confident and outgoing with good communication skills, phone, email and in-person customer liaison will be required.
- Can work as part of a team and under own initiative.
ABOUT VANTAGE SPACES
We believe that the simplest things make a real difference. Connecting with nature through fresh flowers and plants. These simple things can make a workplace a truly great place. A great place where you and your customers can do business. A great place where people can thrive.
At Vantage, we consistently aim to deliver simply better solutions. We are naturally caring and refreshingly honest. We are interested in people and their perspectives and like asking questions and telling stories.
We work towards high standards of performance and expect the best from other people. We aim to develop effective relationships earning respect and appreciation. Our focus is on nurturing and maintaining relationships to create long-term partnerships.
We focus on how to do things most effectively to deliver the desired result; we expect everyone to monitor how things are progressing, address any problems that arise, and take responsibility for their own actions.
We believe future success requires an in-depth understanding of our customers, markets and business performance in the broadest sense and a shift from a product to a customer and relationship-focused mindset. Therefore, we expect everyone to understand what drives value for our customers and us as a business and always aim to do things better and create more value than others can.